Thursday, July 5, 2007

Any recommendations from Locals on Where's Cool to Visit?

Hi all,

I'm returning to my roots in Asia, and am looking for advice and recommendations on where's cool to visit in Asia and complete my cultural immersion in the next 2 years. Trying to stay away from the tourist spots so I can see how local folks live, their daily rhythms, and spontaneity.

Any advice from folks in different countries will be great. My wife calls me Mr Anthropology as I like to observe people and their interactions.

By the way, I notice there aren't travelogue websites in Asia with recommendations, and photo shows? Why is that? Do travelers in Asia not like to share their experiences about their discoveries, recommend where to eat in Penang, where to find great HomeStays in NZ? What would it take to rally the folks to share more openly?

Best,
Bimmerhead2000

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites